Contract Agent Function Group IV
What we propose
We wish to hire an Officer to join our great Cooperation team. The Cooperation team operates as an interface between the technical and the operational cybersecurity community, ensuring the efficient cooperation of the various stakeholders, such as the European Commission, the European External Action Service, ENISA, Europol, the CSIRTs Network, NATO and other key cybersecurity players worldwide.
The Cooperation team has a key role in crisis response for the EU institutions, bodies and agencies, our constituents. The team also provides recommendations to our upper management and advise on capacity building and structured cooperation with peers and partners.
Under the guidance of the Cooperation team leader, the selected candidate will participate in the following tasks:
- Support policy development for elaborating, structuring and implementing our various activities
- Provide expert assessment and nurture operational cooperation with relevant stakeholders
- Support efficient and effective relationships, communication and knowledge sharing with key stakeholders and external partners
- Support our structured cooperation with ENISA, the EU cybersecurity agency
- Contribute to our cyber crisis response plan and capacity building
- Support planning of and participation in cyber-exercises
- Organise and oversee our knowledge base.
This is a technical, challenging, and empowering job with enough room for all of one’s competencies to shine in a very friendly, supportive, human and professional environment.
Who we look for
The selected candidate must possess the following knowledge and skills:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in IT or Computer Science
- Proven experience in IT security, particularly in the policy development, risk management, governance and compliance areas
- Excellent drafting skills for writing and improving policies, standards, and operational procedures
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills including the ability to deal with large amounts of information in a limited time
- Ability to manage parallel tasks and cope with pressure, in particular during crises
- Excellent communication skills in English, both orally and in writing.
What would make you stand out
The ideal candidate will possess some, or all of the following:
- Work experience in a multi-layered and complex public sector environment
- Knowledge of the EU Cybersecurity strategy, the NIS Directive, the Cybersecurity Act, the Cyber Blueprint and the Joint Cyber Unit’s recommendation
- Work experience in a national or governmental CSIRT
- Good understanding of the decision-making and consultation processes in European institutions, bodies and agencies
- General cybersecurity certifications (e.g. CISSP)
- Certification in service management (e.g. ITIL) and/or security certifications in the field of risk management, maturity assessment or security management
- Working knowledge of French.
The candidate must hold a security clearance at EU SECRET level or be in a position to be security cleared.
What we offer
- A friendly and multicultural workplace
- A stimulating and unique environment where personal development, growth and initiative are encouraged
- Continuous learning opportunities
- Working with a supportive and dynamic team with a deep sense of mission
- Flexible scheduling with the possibility to work from home on a part-time basis
- An attractive salary.
Consult the Jobs at the European Commission page for more information on the working conditions. Please note that the position is based in Brussels, Belgium. Full remote work is not possible at this time.
Are you eligible
To apply, you have to:
- Be a national of one of the Member States of the European Union
- Be able to provide a certificate of good conduct
- Have fulfilled any legal obligations related to military service
- Be able to produce evidence of thorough knowledge of one of the official EU languages (level C1) and satisfactory knowledge of a second official EU language (level B2).
Additionally, to be recruited as a contract agent, you must have:
For function groups II and III:
- a level of post-secondary education attested by a diploma, or
- a level of secondary education attested by a diploma giving access to post-secondary education, and appropriate professional experience of at least three years, or
- professional training or professional experience of an equivalent level, where justified in the interest of the service.
For function group IV:
- a level of education which corresponds to completed university studies of at least three years attested by a diploma, or
- professional training of an equivalent level, where justified in the interest of the service.
If so, then apply!
- Send an email to email@example.com with your CV (and a motivation letter if possible). Please provide the title of the position you are applying for in the subject of your email.
- If your skill-set matches the requirements, we will contact you for an informal interview to introduce you to CERT-EU, get to know you better and answer questions you might have
- If the informal interview goes well, you will need to take a CAST test. Worry not, our wonderful secretariat will supply all the necessary information
- Once you succeed in the CAST test, we will then invite you for a formal interview in view of a possible recruitment.