- 27/10/2023 --- v1.0 -- Initial publication
On 25 October 2023, VMware has released security updates to address two vulnerabilities affecting vCenter Server and Cloud Foundation. The exploitation of the vulnerabilities could lead to an out-of-bounds write and a partial information disclosure. The vulnerabilities are tracked as CVE-2023-34048 with a CVSS score 9.8 and CVE-2023-34056 with a CVSS score of 4.3.
It is recommended updating as soon as possible.
- CVE-2023-34048: This vulnerability (CVSS score of 9.8) allows a malicious actor with network access to vCenter Server to trigger an out-of-bounds write potentially leading to remote code execution.
- CVE-2023-34056: This vulnerability (CVSS score of 4.3) allows a malicious actor with non-administrative privileges to vCenter Server to leverage this issue to access unauthorised data.
- VMware vCenter Server versions 7.x and 8.x;
- VMware Cloud Foundation (VMware vCenter Server) versions 4.x and 5.x.
CERT-EU recommends updating affected software to the latest version as soon as possible.