- 18/04/2023 --- v1.0 -- Initial publication
Google has released out-of-band updates to address a vulnerability in its Chrome web browser, identified as
CVE-2022-4262, which were abused type confusion flaws in V8 that were patched by Google in 2022.
Although Google acknowledged the existence of an exploit for
CVE-2023-2033 in the wild, the company has not provided further technical details or indicators of compromise (IoCs) to prevent additional exploitation by threat actors.
The following products are affected by
- Google Chrome prior to version 112.0.5615.121
- Chromium-based browsers such as Microsoft Edge, Brave and Opera that have not yet applied the relevant fixes
To mitigate the risks associated with
CVE-2023-2033, users are advised to:
- Update Google Chrome to version 112.0.5615.121 for Windows, macOS, and Linux.
- Update other Chromium-based browsers as soon as fixes become available.